- Explain why teaching all children to read should be a national priority.
- Explain how brain activation patterns differ in poor and skilled readers.
- Identify the five essential components of effective reading instruction.
- Describe the four types of reading assessment and their purpose.
- Explain what causes the Matthew effects and fourth-grade slump.
- Identify three common profiles of students with reading difficulties.
English-language learners (ELLs)
National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)